Parents of children diagnosed with learning differences or those with special physical needs may want to consider an alternative school for their child if their local school is not equipped to meet those needs or if their child is not thriving in school.
Parents who feel that his or her current school placement is not optimal for their child should ask themselves the following questions:
- Is the local school equipped to meet my child’s special needs, and is it doing all it can to help my child succeed academically, socially and emotionally?
- What other options may be available to better address my child’s unique issues?
- What provisions are made and what support is given for children with special education needs?
- What is the process for getting my child identified as being eligible for special education?
- Are children with special education needs catered for within the mainstream education or are schools with special resources the best choice for him or her?
- Should I consider only private or only public schools to best address my child’s special education needs?
Finding suitable programs for educating children with special needs is often not easy as it may initially seem.
When you choose our Special Needs Service as part of a School Choice program, a qualified special educator will be assigned to your family to assist you in making informed decisions about school placement and to help advocate for your child. The search for schools and supplemental support for children with special education needs can be daunting, but our experienced Special Needs experts make all the difference.
Take a look at our Consulting plans and packages, and get started today! For help with any aspect of your school search, please contact us at email@example.com, or call us at 1-914-328-3000 (within the USA, call us toll-free at 1-866-881-5959).