A college or university education in the USA can open many doors. Whether your child is already in boarding or day school in the USA, or studying at home, School Choice China’s College Admission Program can increase the chances of success in finding the right college for him or her.
The application process itself is complicated and difficult, particularly for students coming from abroad. In order to put together a successful application, students must understand what American admissions committees are looking for. Students often find that many questions come up along the way:
- How do I select which schools to apply to? And how many?
- What are my chances of admission?
- How do I make my application stand out?
- What should I write about in my essays?
- How can I prepare for interviews?
- After receiving offers of acceptance, how do I decide where to go?
- How do I navigate deferrals and waitlists?
The College Admissions Program includes the following services:
- Intake: Detailed review and assessment of your child’s educational history. In this step, we perform a thorough review of the student’s record from the perspective of a selective college board of admissions.
- Strategy: Assessment and clarification of educational goals. Identify the student’s strengths and interests so that we can assist the student in communicating and highlighting them in his or her college applications. Create strategic plans including calendars for testing, recommendations for coursework, activities, summer experiences, community service and internships.
- Portfolio Preparation: Guidance regarding the assembly of the student’s transcripts, test results, certificates, legal documents (e.g. passport, birth certificate), and letters of recommendation. Translation of documents is available as an add-on service for a nominal fee.
- Supplemental Materials: Strategize how to demonstrate unique talents (i.e. artwork, science abstracts, writing and music samples) through additional materials.
- School Target Report: The consultant with work with the student and family to develop an appropriate list of schools upon which the effort should focus. In the School Target Report, the consultant will provide summaries on each school. After the student and family carefully review this information with the consultant, they will narrow down to a final list of up to 9 schools for the application process.
- Admissions Calendar: Review of application timeline and procedures.
- School Visits: Assistance with planning school visits, scheduling appointments. If additional assistance is needed with travel arrangements, a referral to a bilingual travel agent can be made.
- Examination Strategy & Information: Guidance about options for standardized testing preparation and scheduling tests.
- Application Review: The School Choice consultant will conduct a thorough evaluation of up to 9 applications, which includes identification of any apparent problems, omissions, inconsistencies, and unanswered questions, that may hinder a student’s chances of admission. The consultant will review all findings with the student and make specific suggestions for improvement.
- Essay Guidance: While we do not write essays for students, we do make suggestions regarding topics, content, structure, style, tone, vocabulary and spelling. We will review and comment upon subsequent revisions until the student and consultant agree the essays are in optimal shape for submission.
- Interview Preparation: Mock interviews will be conducted to help the student be prepared for college interviews. We will review dress code, proper greetings and what can be expected during a typical college interview.
- Decision Counseling: Guidance in evaluating admission offers and making a final decision.
Contact us today at 011 86 21 1592 1733 273 or firstname.lastname@example.org to talk with a consultant about how we might help your child find a school specifically suited to his or her needs.